Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tool 11


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
My favorite tools are Skype and Edmoto. I plan to use Skype to give my students an opportunity to hear and communicate with native Spanish-speakers in other countries. 
2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
I believe that the same learning will take place.  It will be hard for me to release the reigns and to let the students use this technology in place of the traditional teaching that I am accustomed to. It will be hard to give up class time and allow the kids to start to do some of the learning on their own. I will have to make some changes in order to accommodate all of this technology. I will have to reduce the amount of time that I instruct and allow extra time for the students to develop their own thoughts and theories on particular events in Spanish.
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I did not realize that there was so much information out there, available to facilitate the educational process. I feel that there are many more meetings that I need to attend and perhaps coordinate with the new generation of teachers before I will allow the students to take control of their learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment